How to make Apple and Celeriac soup:
Heat half the oil in a large pan.
Add the onions and celery and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft.
Add the celeriac, apples and thyme and cook for 2–3 minutes.
Add the vegetable stock, season, and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes until the celeriac is tender. Remove from the heat and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
Stir in half the crème fraîche .
Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the sage until crispy.
Spoon the soup into bowls and top with the remaining crème fraîche and sprinkle with the crispy sage leaves and grated horseradish.
Ingredients for Apple and Celeriac soup:
- 8 cups - 2 l vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 1 celery stalk , roughly chopped
- 1 celeriac , chopped
- 4 Cox's Orange Pippin apples , cored and quartered
- A few sprigs of thyme , leaves picked
- 1 cup - 250 ml crème fraîche
- A few sage leaves
- Grated fresh horseradish , to serve
- salt and ground black pepper to taste