Delicious and healthy Indonesian recipes
How to make Bakmi:
Boil the noodles, using the instructions on the packet.
Rinse and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil, pour in eggs to make an omelette. When cooked, slice and set aside.
Heat remaining oil. Add garlic, stir-fry until fragrant. Add noodles, chives, mushrooms, prawns and squid. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add chili and soy sauces and sesame oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with sliced omelette and spring onion.
Ingredients for Bakmi:
For 6 persons:
- 1 pack (7oz - 200gr) fresh noodles or dried noodles
- 2 tbsp. Peanut oil
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- ½ cup chives, cut into 2 inch - 5cm length
- 2 oz - 55g Dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 5 minutes
- 7 oz - 200g green prawns
- 7 oz - 200g squid, cut into small rectangles
- 3 tsp. Hot Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
-1 stalk Spring onion, cut into 2 inch - 5cm lengths -
- salt and ground black pepper to taste