Delicious and healthy Beef Soup
How to make Beef Soup:
In a slow cooker combine beef, beef stock or water with beef stock cubes.
Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low for 2½ hours.
About 20 – 30 minutes before the stew is done cooking, add the potatoes, onion, tomato, barley and carrots and stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ingredients for Beef Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 2lb - 900g beef stew meat , cubed
- 5 cups - 1,2l beef stock or water with 2 beef stock cubes
- 9 oz - 250 g tomato puree (or tin diced tomatoes)
- ½lbs. - 225g of small yellow or red potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced in circles
- 3/4 cup - 150g uncooked pearl barley
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste