Delicious and healthy Broccoli soup with Cheese recipe
How to make Broccoli Soup with Cheese:
Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot and saute the onion and celery over medium flame until tender.
Add broccoli florets, keep some broccoli florets aside for garnish, chicken stock or water and chicken bouillon cubes, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut the reserved broccoli florets into very small florets and set aside.
Instead of the typical cream add now 2 tablespoons herb cheese (or to taste) and mix well with a stick
Add the milk and stir well.
Add the small broccoli florets and bring the soup to a boil for a minutes.
Season with salt and pepper!
Ingredients for Broccoli Soup with Cheese:
for 6 persons:
- 1 thick slice of cooked ham (allow a minimum 2 oz- 50 gr per plate)
- 2 tbsp herb cheese to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups - 1l chicken stock or water with 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups - 700g broccoli florets
- 2 cups -½l milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil