How to make Brussels Sprout Soup:
Heat the oil in a large sized stock pot and saute the onion and celery over medium flame until tender.
Add the bacon and sprouts and saute till the bacon is cooked through.
Add the stock (or water with vegetable bouillon cubes) and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer until sprouts are tender.
Puree with a stick blender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup and garnish as desired.
Ingredients for Brussels Sprout Soup:
for 6 persons:
- 30 Brussel Sprouts, peeled & coarsely chopped.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- A handful of streaky bacon, chopped.
- 1 stick celery, chopped.
- 1 crumbled dried chilli (optional).
- 1 tbsp oil for frying.
- 1 l ( 4.22 cups) water with 2 vegetable bouillon cube or vegetable stock.
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper.