How to make Chervil Soup:
Saute the onion, leeks and celery in a little olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
Add potato and beef stock or water with the beef bouillon cubes.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are very soft, about 20 minutes
Puree the soup with a blender or food processor until smooth.
Return soup to pot and stir in half-and-half.
Heat, stirring, over medium heat until steaming (don't let boil), about 2 minutes.
Season the soup with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup and garnish with chopped chervil and horseradish if you have.
Ingredients for Chervil Soup:
for 6 persons:
- 6 cups - 1½l beef stock or water (with 3 Beef bouillon cubes)
- 1 cup - 240 g chervil - shredded
- 2 stalks of white celery - chopped
- 2 onions - sliced
- 2 potatoes - peeled and cubed
- olive oil
- 1 dl light cream (half and half)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil