How to make Chicken Soup with Ginger:
Prepare rice according to package directions.
While rice simmers, put some oil in a pan and saute the onion, miso and ginger.
Add the mushrooms and leaves still even sweating.
Add chicken stock, chicken, and bok choy.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until bok choy is tender
Stir rice into soup and season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
Season the soup with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat, stir in lemon rind and juice.
Ingredients for Chicken Soup with Ginger:
for 6 persons:
- 2 onions, shredded
- 9 ounce - 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1½ tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 cup - 250g chopped bok choy
- ½inch -1cm ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pouch precooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 4½ cups - 1 l chicken stock
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice