How to make Creamy Watercress with Spinach and Ginger Soup:
In large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook watercress and spinach until wilted and bright green.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and cook mushrooms and shallots, stirring occasionally, until softened.
Add ginger and garlic, cook, stirring, until fragrant.
Stir the flour into the mushroom mixture.
Gradually stir in milk, whisking until smooth.
Stir in watercress, spinach, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until watercress and spinach are coated, about 1 minute.
Ingredients for Creamy Watercress with Spinach and Ginger Soup
for 4- 6 persons:
- 11 oz - 310g watercress, trimmed
- 11 oz - 310 g spinach, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 11 oz - 310g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups - 350ml milk, warmed
- Salt and pepper