Delicious and healthy Harira Soup recipe
Ingredients for Harira Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 1 lb - 450g lamb meat, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 can (29 oz - 800g) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz - 400g) garbanzo beans, drained
- 7 cups - 1,7l water
- 5 oz - 140g green lentils
- 4 oz - 110g vermicelli pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & Black Pepper
How to make Harira Soup:
Place the olive oil, lamb, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, celery and cilantro into a large soup pot over a low heat.
Stir frequently for 5 minutes.
Pour tomatoes (reserve juice) into the mixture and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Pour tomato juice, 7 cups water, and the lentils into the pot.
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
Let soup simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
Season with pepper and salt.
Add chickpeas and noodles into the soup, let cook until noodles are al dente.
Stir in lemon and eggs, let eggs cook 1 minute.