Delicious and healthy Jalapeños recipe
Ingredients for Jalapeños:
For 6 persons:
- 7 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 center-cut bacon slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped seeded tomato
How to make Jalapeños:
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp.
Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
Combine crumbled bacon, cheeses, agren onions, lime juiceand salt in a bowl, stirring well to combine. Divide cheese mixture evenly to fill the pepper halves.
Place peppers, cheese sides up, on grill rack or grill grate coated with cooking spray.
Cover and grill peppers until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
Place peppers on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with cilantro and tomato.