Delicious and healthy Lettuce Soup recipe
Ingredients for Lettuce Soup:
For 6 persons:
- 2 large heads romaine or 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large leeks (white and light green parts only), split lengthwise, rinsed well, and sliced
- 4½ cups - 1l water (with 2 bouillon cubes chicken broth) or chicken stock
- ½ cup - 1,2dl light cream (half and half)
- olive oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
How to make Lettuce Soup:
Cut ribs from lettuce and chop. Chop leaves. Set both aside separately.
Cook the onion, leeks and lettuce stems in olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in lettuce leaves and broth, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until lettuce is tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
Puree the soup with a blender or food processor until smooth.
Return soup to pot and stir in half-and-half. Heat, stirring, over medium heat until steaming (don't let boil), about 2 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls or cups and sprinkle more nutmeg on top