Pasta alla Carbonara
Delicious and healthy Pasta alla Carbonara recipe
Ingredients for Pasta alla Carbonara :
- 1 lb -450g uncooked pasta
- 1 lb - 450 gr bacon, sliced
- ½ lb- 225gr fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup - 125ml heavy cream
- ½ cup - 50 gr grated parmesan milk
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- parsley or rosemary, for garnish
How to make Pasta alla Carbonara:
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet directions until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Saute onions until tender, set aside.
Using the same skillet, cook mushrooms, stir in onion and bacon, reduce heat to low and cook until bacon browns.
In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, cheese and cream.
Mix into bacon mixture and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
Remove from heat.
Drain the cooked pasta and toss with sauce, red pepper flakes and parsley.