"Panna cotta means as much as cooked cream. It is perhaps one of the most popular recipes from Italian cuisine."
Ingredients for Panna Cotta:
- 0.5 l - 2,1 cups cream with minimum 40% fat
- 50 g - 1,7 oz granulated sugar or cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sheets of gelatine
- Marsala or amoretto for taste
How to make Panna Cotta:
Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
Put the cream in a saucepan and bring it together with the sugar, vanilla pod and vanilla extract to a boil.
Beat well until sugar is completely melted.
Remove the vanilla pod and scrape it off and put it back in the room.
Turn off heat and add the soaked gelatine leaves. Stir until all the gelatin is melted.
Grease the ramekins with a little tasteless oil and pour the liquid into the ramekins. Allow 4 hours in the fridge.
Put the tray in warm water for 10 seconds. Move the knife around the panna cotta and remove it from the bowls.
- Sprinkle with marsala or amaretto and serve.
Use the vanilla mill for finishing.
- Put a fresh mint leaf on the panna cotta and put some colored fruit around.
- Or pour a little caramel sauce