Chicken soup is a delicious old-fashioned dish. Choose the original variant or with an oriental twist with, for example, the Indonesian chicken soup! Delicious to eat as an evening meal with bread or as an appetizer.
Ingredients for Chicken soup with Ginger and Lemon:
For 6 Persons:
- 2 onions, shredded
- 9 ounce - 250g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1½ tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 cup - 250g chopped bok choy
- 1 cm (0,5 inch) ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pouch precooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 4½ cups - 1 l chicken stock
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to make Chicken Soup with Ginger and Lemon:
Prepare rice according to package directions
While rice simmers, put some oil in a pan and saute the onion, miso and ginger.
Add the mushrooms and leaves still even sweating.
Add stock, chicken, miso and bok choy; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until bok choy is tender
Stir rice into soup and season with salt, pepper and soy sauce.
Remove from heat; stir in lemon rind and juice.