Ingredients for Kulajda Soup
Serves 4 - 6
- 8½ cups - 2l vegetable stock or water with 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 lb - 450g potatoes, diced
- 1 lb - 450g mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 1 cup (0,3oz - 10g) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup - 240ml heavy cream
- 1 cup - 240ml milk
- 3 oz - 85g all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, sliced
- 4 tbs of white vinegar
- 1 tbs of caraway seedpowder
- butter or sour creme
- salt & black pepper
How to make Kulajda:
Add the water and vegetable stock cubes or the vegetable stock in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 10 min.
Add sliced mushrooms and caraway seeds.
Mix the milk with the cream. Sift over flour and stir until the mixture is well combined.
Pour the mixture into the boiling soup (you'll see it's thicker).
Simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender.
Season with salt, pepper and chopped dill and take off the heat.
Finish the taste with vinegar.
Before serving, put small cube of butter or sour creme on top and slices of hard boiled egg,
Serve with a good (rustic) bread! I can’t emphasize enough how a good bread compliments this!